So I went to another etching session last Friday, and continued working on the same Wolf Alice etching plate. This time I learned the sugar lift and aquatint techniques. The technician was also showing another student how to do spit-bite, so now I know how that works as well. The only technique that I have yet to try is hard ground. Saw a student working with that and learned that you can actually work in stages and after adding the hard ground onto an already etched plate, you could still see the previous etching... which allows you to continue working on the same image. Hopefully I can try that this Friday!

The following is the new Wolf Alice print. This isn't complete as I would prefer darker lines and more detail on the trees.

Wolf Alice (after sugar-lift and aquatint)

0 comments:

Post a Comment